DOG BOOT CAMP FOR DOG OBEDIENCE TRAINING
If you don’t have the time to train your dog, why not let our trainers do it for you? Offering an alternative to weekly dog obedience classes, our doggy boot camp in Melbourne involves in-depth training as well as follow-up services from an experienced dog obedience trainer.
At Eastern Companion Dog Training, we aim to eliminate behavioural problems and bad habits while your dog stays with us as well as training all your normal obedience commands. Whether you’re going away on holiday or you simply lack the time to train your dog, our dog obedience boot camp enables us to drastically improve the behaviour of your four-legged friend through frequent dog obedience classes.
Our trainers are fully trained experts who use up-to-date and gentle training methods, capable of achieving results in a very short period of time. When your dog returns home from dog boot camp, it should be able to understand the commands it has been taught. However, it’s important for the owner to continue training at home by walking and handling the dog regularly. Through this, you’ll be encouraging your dog to continue exhibiting the learnt behaviours.
DOG BEHAVIOUR BOOT CAMP BACK-UP SUPPORT
With some of our packages (the 12 day package) we can provide additional support after our dog boarding school, our trainers offer owners the choice of one of the following:
- A in home lesson two weeks after hand over
This back-up support is included in the 12 day dog boot camp price and can be arranged at an additional cost with the 14 and 21 day programs we offer and is provided to help you maintain the training your dog receives. Some owners fail to continue the work our trainers put in, causing their dog to return to old behaviours and habits. Our follow up dog training classes can help prevent this from occurring and contribute to the overall success of our dog behaviour boot camp. If the dog training classes do not fit in with your life style in home lessons are also available upon request (costs apply).
WHAT WILL MY DOG LEARN IN DOG BOOT CAMP?
Our dog boot camp in Melbourne teaches dogs the following:
- How to walk beside the owner on a loose lead (to heel)
- How to walk on a loose lead without having to walk beside the owner
- How to sit on command
- How to drop (lie down) on command
- How to return to the owner upon command
This dog obedience training is conducted on a lead, but it shouldn’t take long for the dog to be able to respond to these commands while off lead as well with some continued training.
In addition, our dog boot camp in Melbourne can assist to correct a variety of behavioural problems and bad habits, including jumping up, nipping, and others. We can also tackle serious behavioural problems such as dog-to-dog or dog-to-human aggression.
HOW MUCH DOES DOGGY BOOT CAMP COST?
Packages start from $1470.00 till the 8th of December 2023. Stay tuned for new Packages for 2024 to be announced here soon.
Our standard dog boot camp costs $1790.00 and lasts for 12 days. This price includes all food and bedding, as well as pickup and delivery within Melbourne. Delivery also includes a full hand back session where our dog obedience trainer will show you how your dog has been trained. This hand back is done in the comfort of your own home, enabling you to see how well-behaved your dog has become and showing you how to handle your dog to maintain training.
We also offer a
- 2 Week training program from $1470.00. This includes 14 days of boarding, meals, hydro bath to go home, daily play sessions, multiple sessions of obedience training each day for your dog and a one hour hand-over lesson with you on completion. Training includes – Loose lead walking, sit, drop, heal and recalling.
- 3 Week training program from $2170.00. This includes 21 days of boarding, meals, hydro bath to go home, daily play sessions, multiple sessions of obedience training each day for your dog and a one hour hand-over lesson with you on completion. Training includes – Loose lead walking, sit, drop, heal, recalling, on mat, behavioural problems and behavioural modifications.
- These packages are slightly different to the 12 day board and training program in that they do not include pick up and delivery, The hand back where we run through with the owner what the dog has done and how they are to continue the training is done at Abba Boarding Kennels in Dandenong South, and they do not include the option of an in home lesson after the hand over.
WHERE DOES THE DOG STAY?
All dogs participating in our dog obedience boot camp stay at Abba Boarding Kennels in Melbourne – one of Victoria’s leading boarding facilities. All kennels here are manned, and a vet is on call 24/7. Highlights include individual sheltered areas for each run, warm bedding, and two feedings per day for each dog. You can also arrange for extra play time sessions on top of your dog’s obedience training sessions, while other specific requests are able to be accommodated – simply call us to discuss these beforehand. Finally, all dogs will be bathed before they are brought home, with further dog grooming services optional.
If you wish to inspect the accommodation before enrolling your dog in our dog boot camp, Kip Melbourne South East can be visited by appointment. To arrange an inspection call Kip on (03) 9768 2214. You can also visit their website to learn more. Situated at 59-61 Ordish Rd, Dandenong South, the kennel is open between 8 am-11 am and 2 pm – 5 pm Monday to Friday and 8 am-12 pm on Saturday and Sunday between 2-5 pm.
Learn More Today
For more information on our dog behaviour boot camp, get in touch with Eastern Companion Dog Training today on (03) 9723 4387.