Stay tuned for new Packages for 2024 to be announced here soon.
If you’re too busy to train your dog, why not let our trainers do it for you? Offering an effective alternative to weekly classes, our dog boarding school in Melbourne allows for a trainer to provide in-depth training as well as follow-up services.
At Eastern Companion Dog Training, we aim to eliminate behavioural problems and bad habits while your dog stays with us. Whether you’re going away on holiday or you simply lack the time to train your dog, our dog boarding school and boot camp enables us to drastically improve the behaviour of your four-legged friend.
As our dog trainers are fully trained experts who use up-to-date and gentle training methods, they can achieve results in a very short period of time. When your dog returns home after dog boarding and training, it should be able to understand the commands it has been taught. However, it’s important for the owner to continue training at home by walking and handling the dog regularly. Through this, you’ll be encouraging your dog to continue exhibiting the behaviours learnt at our dog behaviour boarding school.
DOG BEHAVIOUR BOARDING SCHOOL BACK-UP SUPPORT
To provide additional support, our trainers offer owners the ability to have in-home private lesson once your dog has attended our dog obedience boarding school.
This back-up support is included in the 12 day doggy boot camp and boarding school price or is available at an additional cost on our 14 and 21 day packages and is provided to help you maintain the training your dog receives.
WHAT WILL MY DOG LEARN AT DOG BOARDING SCHOOL?
Our dog training boot camp and boarding school teaches dogs the following:
- How to walk beside the owner on a loose lead, as well as a heel walk
- How to sit on command
- How to return to the owner on command
- To go to a matt upon command
- How to walk on a lead without pulling but being able to wander, sniff and pull on the lead.
This training is conducted on a lead, but it shouldn’t take long for the dog to be able to respond to these commands while off lead if the owner continues with the training the dog has received while training with us.
In addition, our dog boarding school in Melbourne can correct a variety of behavioural problems and bad habits, including jumping up and nipping, among others. If you’re looking for a boarding school for dog with aggression issues, we can also assist with serious behavioural problems such as dog-to-dog or dog-to-human aggression.
HOW MUCH DOES DOG BOARDING & TRAINING COST?
Packages start from $1470.00 till the 8th of December 2023.
Our standard dog behaviour boarding school costs $1790.00 and lasts for 12 days. This price includes all food and bedding, as well as pickup and delivery within Melbourne. Delivery also includes a full hand back session where our trainer will show you how your dog has been trained. This hand back is done in the comfort of your own home, enabling you to see how well-behaved your dog has become and showing you how to handle your dog to maintain training.
We also offer a
- 2 Week training program from $1470.00. This includes 14 days of boarding, meals, hydro bath to go home, play sessions each day, multiple sessions of obedience training each day for your dog and a one hour hand-over lesson with you on completion. Training includes – Loose lead walking, sit, heal and recalling.
- 3 Week training program from $2170.00. This includes 21 days of boarding, meals, hydro bath to go home, play sessions each day, multiple sessions of obedience training each day for your dog and a one hour hand-over lesson with you on completion. Training includes – Loose lead walking, sit, heal, recalling, on mat, behavioural problems and behavioural modifications.
- These packages are slightly different to the 12 day board and training program in that they do not include pick up and delivery, the hand back where we run through with the owner what the dog has done and how they are to continue the training is done at Kip Melbourne South East in Dandenong South, and they do not include the option of a bronze membership at our group training classes.
- We can also create a package that can suit you. Feel free to call us to discuss options.
- Stay tuned for new Packages for 2024 to be announced here soon.
WHERE DOES THE DOG STAY?
All dogs participating in our dog obedience boarding school stay at Kip Melbourne South East in Melbourne – one of Victoria’s leading boarding facilities. All kennels here are manned, and a vet is on call 24/7. Highlights include individual sheltered areas for each run, warm bedding, and two feedings per day for each dog. You can also arrange for extra play time sessions on top of your dog’s training sessions, while other specific requests are able to be accommodated – simply call us to discuss these beforehand. Finally, all dogs will be bathed before they are brought home from the dog training camp.
If you wish to inspect the accommodation before enrolling your dog in our dog behaviour boarding school, Kip Melbourne South East can be visited by calling (03) 9768 2214 to arrange an appointment. You can also visit their website to learn more. Situated at 59-61 Ordish Rd, Dandenong South, the kennel is open between 8 am-11 am and 2 pm – 5 pm Monday to Friday and 8 am-12 pm on Saturday and Sunday between 2-5 pm.
Learn More Today
Want to obtain more information about our dog boarding school in Melbourne? Get in touch with Eastern Companion Dog Training today on (03) 9723 4387.